MEPs’ views are shaped primarily by their political families and their nationality (not always in this order). Continue Reading
Just days before the end of Romania’s Council Presidency, one of its former Prime Ministers became the new leader of the centrist EP group, now named “Renew Europe” (formerly ALDE). This turn of events, in which Macron’s delegation ended up “Chair-less” despite having the greatest numbers by far, is a first (apparent) surprise in the dynamics of power in the post-elections EP. Continue Reading
VoteWatch Europe is the leading organisation that tracks and forecasts EU political developments, through a unique combination of big political data and expert insights.
Our work is built on two pillars:
1) we follow the dynamics in the EU institutions (majority building, winners and losers, cohesion of the groups) to identify the supporters, opponents and the kingmakers among the EU Parliamentarians on any given policy proposal or broader area;
2) we follow the socio-political trends across the continent (opinion polls, governments’ change) in order to forecast the changes in the balance of power in both the European Parliament and the Council, and hence the agenda and the margin of maneuver of the European Commission, on any given policy proposal. Continue Reading
As the dust settles and the emotion dissipates across the continent, we now need to look at the future. Here are our main take-aways that indicate what we can expect EU decision-making to look like in the coming years:
– Higher turn-out in EU elections means that the debates with regard to the decisions made in Brussels in the past years resonated among the publics in the member states. Continue Reading
Our high-profile partners are asking us the right question with regards to the elections and we thought to share with you a summary of the answer. At VoteWatch Europe we filter out the noise and guide our partners through the EU decision-making jungle with our unrivaled fact-based analytics that allows them to see who are the actual opponents and supporters of any initiative or piece of regulation. Continue Reading
This month is particularly important for the European Union. Starting from the 23rd of May, EU citizens will reach the dedicated polling stations to decide on the composition of the next European Parliament. These elections will impact on the overall direction of the EU and its future decisions on issues that affect all of us (migration, environment, agriculture, social policy, etc.). Continue Reading
This report shows which EU Parliamentarians have been the most influential towards the end of the parliamentary term. The study also reveals which national groups have been punching above/below their weight when it comes to influencing European policies through the EP. The assessment is based on the collection of all available information concerning the various actions of each MEP while exerting their mandate. Continue Reading
VoteWatch Europe is an exciting place to work. If you are enthusiastic about EU politics and/or communication, you are outgoing and proactive, then you may get to work with us.
If you have a scholarship from your university, an EU programme (e.g. Erasmus +) or other sources and you’re looking for a placement, then apply for an internship in our office in Brussels! Continue Reading
SAVE THE DATE: 23 April, Brussels
Timing: 12:30 – 13:30
– Prof. Simon Hix Professor of Political Science at the London School of Economics; Co-Founder of VoteWatch Europe
– Susi Dennison, Senior Policy Fellow and Director of the European Power Programme, European Council on Foreign Relations
– Doru Frantescu, Director and Co-Founder, VoteWatch Europe
Karen Massin, CEO Burson Cohn & Wolfe Brussels. Continue Reading
The final countdown has started! With less than 2 months separating us from the most competitive EU elections in history, it is time to get involved to ensure the citizens have quality information presented in an appealing way.
If you have an active online presence, either through a blog or a website, partner with us and become one of the EU elections key sources of quality information! Continue Reading